3 hours at least
- 1 package of tortellini by Pasta Piccinini
- 1 pound (500 gr.) chicken
- 10 ounces (300 gr.) beef brisket
- 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1 onion, 1 garlic clove, some pepper
- a little olive oil
- 4 quarts (4 lt.) of natural water
- Put a roughly chopped carrot, a celery stalk, an onion, a garlic clove and a little olive oil in a large, tall pan.
- Add capon and beef.
- Add water to cover everything, bring to the boil and let it simmer for at least 3 hours.
- When capon is tender the broth is ready.
- Cool the broth in the fridge for a couple of hours, get rid of the fat that has surfaced, strain through a fine colander.
- Taste and adjust salt, Bring to a boil, add tortellini and let them cook for 5/7 minutes.
Serve tortellini in broth with a glass of Lambrusco di Modena.