1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 package Egg Tagliolini from Pasta Piccinini
- 1 pound (500 gr.) clams
- 3 ounces (100 gr.) cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Chili pepper flakes
- 34 tbs EVO oil
- 3 tbs bread crumbs, oven toasted
- 3 ounces dry white wine
- Wash thoroughly the clams and soak them in salted water for at least one hour.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in two lengthwise put them in an oven tray sprinkled with sugar salt and a little olive oil. Bake them at 200 F for an hour to get tomato confit.
- Simmer shallot and garlic in the remaining oil on low heat, add chili pepper then add the clams until they open up, discard most of the shells, pour the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Cook tonnarelli in salted boiling water.
- Drain pasta and saute it in the sauce briefly.
- Dust tonnarelli with toasted bread crumbs, some confit tomatoes and a little freshly milled black pepper.
Pair it with a sicilian aromatic white wine.